SEIZE THE FEES!
Letting agent fees have been illegal since 1st June 2019, but some are still trying to flout the law. ACORN won’t stand for it.
We’re mounting a #siezethefees fightback! If you find an agent trying to flout the law, tell us using this form.
Report illegal fees here…
From 1st June 2019, the only payments you can be asked for are:
- Security deposit – capped at 5 weeks’ rent
- Holding deposit to take property off the market – capped at 1 week’s rent
- Early termination payment (i.e. if you decide to leave before the fixed term of your tenancy has ended)
- Change of sharer fee (the agent needs to prove their costs if they charge more than £50)
- Charge for lost keys or security device (e.g. electronic fob)
- Charge for interest on rent payments that are late by 14 or more days